3 Great Benefits of Signing up on WizeNation By Manny Ojigbo
WizeNation is continuing to grow steadily in the KW region and to some locals, it has opened up a new way of getting to know the community. Signing up on WizeNation is easy and it presents local residents with several amazing opportunities.
Here are three major benefits you can get from signing up on WizeNation
#1. Expand networks
WizeNation’s main aim is to help locals connect and build relationships in the community in which they reside. By signing up and creating your own profile on WizeNation, you can easily interact with a diverse range of people who share similar interests and hobbies, expand your networks, and make meaningful connections that can allow you to take advantage of the resources and hidden opportunities available to you in your community.
#2. Get to know local businesses
There is a difference between “Being aware that local businesses are present in your neighbourhood” and actually “Getting to know the local businesses in your neighbourhood.” By signing up on WizeNation, you can view profile pages, feeds and notifications from local businesses in your community. Using WizeNation can help you get to know the wonderful local businesses that provide products and services for your community.
#3. Get Help. Find Stuff
Do you sometimes find it difficult to get help from locals in your community? Do you spend countless hours scouring the internet for good deals offered by local residents and businesses? Getting help from other locals and finding good deals around your neighborhood are some of the features that make WizeNation unique. WizeNation’s user friendly nature makes finding help and getting stuff an easy process.
Sign up for free on www.wizenation.com and make it your true guide to everything local.
11 places that we love to shop at locally!
What is WizeNation?
As a society, we are now more open to connect with someone online than ever. WizeNation’s mission is to connect people with their neighbors, locals, and surrounding businesses. It emphasizes the importance of knowing whom your neighbors are and what your community has to offer.
WizeNation aims to be used as a tool to utilize local businesses and support your community. Between connecting neighbours and acting as a localized search engine WizeNation helps people take advantage of their community resources.
WizeNation offers a different social media experience than the typical friend and follower formula. According WizeNation’s founder, Asim Siddiqui, “It is an open network. You will be able to contact and connect with anyone in your neighborhood and city without any “friend” requests. Local businesses can create a page (Wizepage) to promote their business and offer promotional deals in just one post.”
WizeNation is configured globally to help the people to locate a desired search within a 15 km radius. The key to the location is the postal/zip code. To sign up the user enters a postal/code and they will be able to see other users from their city, including neighbors and businesses. Furthermore, the user will be able search for another person, skill, interest, or business in the search box.
Signup on www.wizenation.com and connect with your local community.
WizeNation is a newly designed social network focused on helping users connect and communicate with their neighborhood. The location-based social bulletin board allows members to post anything from missing cat notices to spring cleaning garage sales. The open network (i.e. no friend requests required) is a hybrid between sales sites like craigslist and conversational networks like Twitter.
The concept was inspired by founder Asim Siddiqui, when he relocated to a new city for work-related purposes. With no one to be introduced by and having little connections in his local area, he felt stuck on how to discover his new surroundings. WizeNation allows neighbors to connect with one another without the awkward smiles down by the mailbox.
If you are looking to borrow a ladder or find a play date for your kids, consider taking a look at the community-focused social network WizeNation.
I was recently introduced to an amazing new site that is going to create communities around the globe. Based in Kitchener, Ontario Canada, my friend Asim Siddiqui
came up with the amazing idea to create an international website that is focused on creating a community within your community, and it is a free service. It is called www.WizeNation.com
Here’s how it works. Much like Kijiji or Craigslist, you can create a free post under your account…anything from looking for a job to open houses to items for sale. Then they take it one step further and ask you to enter your postal or zip code. Once your postal/zip code is in place you are able to see every listing that is within your neighbourhood! I plan on inviting all my friends via Facebook & Twitter, so be expecting one if we are connected!
Now I can make connections with my neighbours and create a real community within my neighbourhood! I plan on using this site for everything, from posting jobs to items for sale. How easy would it be to sell that old tv I have in my closet to my neighbour who needs one? Or borrow some sugar from my neighbour?
It is such an awesome concept, and the fact that it can be used anywhere throughout the world is pretty cool too. I plan on doing a switcheroo on my postal code when I travel so I can see what is going on in the communities I am traveling to! This is great for networking within a community. I like that it makes the connection between online & offline… in a way we haven’t seen before.
Connect the Disconnected
WizeNation.com : A platform to connect the disconnected.
WizeNation is a location based social bulletin board where users can connect with their neighbors, local businesses, and people with similar interest. Like a bulletin board for a building, a user can post any kind of message for example: “I am selling my house” , “I would like to borrow a ladder” , “I lost my cat (attach a picture)”, and you can expect a reply below your comment from people in your postal/zip code area, and / or anyone in your city.
WizeNation is divided into four streams (tabs):
- Wizinity: This tab shows all the feeds published by the people residing in your city.
- My Wizi: This tab shows the feeds published by the people in your postal/zip code area, feeds from your contacts, and feeds based on your interests.
- Biz Wiz: This tab shows feeds from the business community of your city.
- Search: This tab is used for specific searches. For example you can search using keywords such as ‘Autoshop’, ‘Plumber’, ‘Landscaping’ etc. and you will get local businesses and people based on your search. You can even search for people and business names, for instance ‘John Doe’ or ‘Tasty Treats’.
WizeNation consists of the following entities:
- Notifications: All user notifications/alerts will be located here. You will get notifications/alert s if someone replies to your comment, and when you receive a request to add contacts.
- Messages: All inbox/direct messaging will be composed here. User should use direct messaging to exchange private information like email, address or phone numbers.
- Contacts: Shows a list of all the people and businesses selected by you.
- My Profile: All your personal information that you would like to share in public will be listed here. Please fill skills and interest fields in order to be searched by like- minded people. If someone is looking for a baby sitter and you have ‘baby sitter’ in your skill or interest then your name will appear in the search tab.
- My WizePages: You can create your own webpage in WizeNation. You can create a page for your business and offer deals by commenting on this page. Your deals will be viewed by your city residents in the Biz Wiz stream. The key idea related to WizePage, is the ‘watchwords’ field. Insert some key words relating to the nature of your business for instance, if you are a web developer, insert key words like website, developer etc.
This will make your WizePage appear in the search tab if anyone is searching for ‘web developer’ in your city.